Is there any side effects of Tugain?

Dear Sir,

I am from BLR I am suffering from hair loss from the past 5 years, i had thick hair so i was not taken care initianlly. now i am 27 year old, looking for some growth in my hair, front portion of head. From the past 1 year i am using Tugain 10%. Hair fall is reduced, but there is now marginal regrowth of hair. Kindly advise me the best treatement or shall i continue to Tugain 10% (Advised by doctor, after visual inspection). I have dandruff problem also, for this i am using fungizole shampoo.

Is there any side effects if i use Tugain for long term???

Please advise me here.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014

You seem to have androgenetic alopecia. You are using minoxidil 10% solution. And you are feeling better. You continue to apply the same solution for long time till you have good result. Only the irritation is the side effect some time patient develops. You have no problem at present, so you may continue..ok along with this you take finesteride 1 mg daily in morning and biotin tab 10 mg daily at night. For dandruff you continue to do shampoo containing ketoconazole. I feel , you might get good result. I hope you got my answer.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD