Is there any relation between chest pains and high blood pressure?

I have had high blood pressure in the past and have been on medicaton for it but now am not as it has been ok for a yr or so. I keep getting sharp pains in my chest, next to my breast. sometimes its really bad pains sometimes like a dull ache. It only lasts ten mins or so then goes but sometimes i get it while laying down at night. I dont think its indegestion or heartburn . It also feels quite tight when i breath while having this pain, any ideas?
Thu, 10 Dec 2009