Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Is there any problem to have a child from a same blood group of parents?

Hello doctor , I have o+ blood group my patner also same blood group if any problem will come in my child
Asked On : Wed, 19 Jan 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  557
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
absolutely nothing to worry on this account. Be happy and enjoy motherhood.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Answered: Fri, 21 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
No same blood group does not effect the child.
Answered: Fri, 21 Jan 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Kamlesh Verma's  Response
no, no there is no problem in their child by blood group whenever both partner has same blood group. if this happen, most of the child had some problem because in world only 4 major group. A, B, AB & O. these are positive & negative.
if mother is negative & father is positive, than there may be some problem with child.
Answered: Thu, 20 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
In most of case when both parents have same blood group major incompatibilities do not occur, so you should not worry.Rest in peace and enjoy the parenthood days to come.
Answered: Thu, 20 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor