Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

146 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is there any necessary to do medical check up due to alcohol and cigarettes ?

hi , i have been drinking 350 ml rum , every day at least for last one year, and 10-15 cigarettes per day , i am 25 yrs old, do i need a medical check up .. i have no health problem as of now ....
Fri, 20 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello sir ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
At 25 yrs you are young and the habits you are having are like giving invitation to many diseases in future.Presently you are taking your chances and if you do not have any problem you don't need a medical check up immediately but if things change or you get any symptom then may be you will require it.The better option is to discontinue smoking and even rum if it is possible for you so that you remain healthy and you know HEALTH is WEALTH like every body says.If you do it right now your body can repair most of the damage caused and in later life you will be almost free of the side effects of these habits so earlier is better.
Hope the answer is helpful and not offensive.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....