Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Is there any method other than IVF to open the tubal blockage and to conceive ?

My wife is 27 years old,Height 142 cm (From BANGLADESH) and try to conceive for last 4 years (married for 6 years).She has hypothyroid since 15 years and taking Tab Thyrox 2pcs daily mornings. Very recent her doctor done a laparoscopy and findings are as under. 1.Uterus was normal in size, R/V, mobile.there was one tiny fibroid in funds of utres. 2.Both side Tubes & Ovaeries were Obscured within adhesion,POD was Obliterated.Adhesiolysis was done,both tubes & Right overy made visible.Left overy could not be visualized.Chomopertubation was done, no spillage seen through any tube, there was Hydrosalphinx on right tube. Dr. advices to go for IVF and told no way to open tube blockage and no medicine for it. Q.What is our current steps now? Realy there is no way to open blockage by any treatment except IVF?Plz help me by giving advice
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Yes, in severe cases of tubal blockage it would not help. You need to do IVF as that will be the best option for you because her eggs cannot fertilize with the sperm due to block in it's transport. Though expensive it bears fantastic results.
Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor