Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Is there any exercise or vaccination for a child suffering from hydrocephalus ?

My daughter is hydrocephalus. she has been operated in January 2011. VP shunt was transplanted properly but in the very next month that is February 2011 her abdominal got infected due to which VP shunt removed back. After removal she suffered for 20 days from meningitis for which she treated with vancomicin antibiotics . now we all are scared of VP shunt transplantation. So if there any exercise or vaccine to cure hydrocephalus.
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Hydrocephalus is due to failure to drain the cerebrospinal fluid from head to the systemic circulation. It is just like a blocked drainage system. The only remedy is to bypass the blocked drainage and replace it by another pipe.No exercise or vaccine can help you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor