Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Is there a specific doctor my child should see for G6PD?

there are a few questions i need answered... is there a specific dr my child should see for g6pdd? what should i do when he has a flare-up? he wasn t gaining weight, so i put him on ensure. is ensure safe for him to drink? what foods are safe for him to eat at school? he participates in the free lunch program, and i can t afford to send lunch.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Pediatrician will take care of your child G6PD deficiency problem.
Flare up will present with distruction of RBC leading to hemolysis causing anemia and jaundice.
You should get the list of medications causing flare ups and should avoid them in his prescriptions and you should inform to his Pediatrician before medication prescription.
What is the age of your child?
Ensure can be given after the age of 10 years.
Give only home made food.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor