Is the pregnancy viable as per the following ultrasound report?

Had an ultrasound on 11 may 2018. Accoring to sonograph i am approx 6 week pregnant with empty gestational sac of 1.22cm. According to Lmp i shud be 7.4 weeks. My gestational sac was intrauterine.. i hav a retroverted uterus. I very worried. Is my pregnancy viable??
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I can understand your concern.
Usually by 6 weeks of gestational age, gestational sac can be seen in trans abdominal ultrasound and fetal heart can be seen by around 7 weeks.
As your ultrasound showing 6 weeks only, there is possibility of wrong dates sometimes.
In that case, you better to wait for one week to ten days and repeat the ultrasound.
In case of wrong dates, by that time at least fetal pole can be seen.
If fetal pole is also absent by that time, there is possibility of of blighted ovum, means development of empty gestational sac without fetus.
So, please go for repeat ultrasound examination as explained with your doctor's advice and proceed accordingly.
Hope I have answered your question and I will be happy to answer any further follow up questions.