Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Is oval shaped sclerotic lesion seen in an x-ray a serious problem ?

hello, please i made an x ray on my left knee cause i have pain in it since 2 weeks and they wrote a report which says: an oval shaped sclerotic lesion is seen within the medullary cavity of the upper tibial shaft likely bony island. i cant understand the report is it something serious or not thank you
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  357
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Osteosclerosis is nothing but whitening or increase in density at that point of the bone. It is seen as a part of various diseases. So it means that u need further work up as to why u have got the sclerosis.
Have a healthy living
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thank u so much doc rakesh this means i can work out sports?and live a normal life without any conserns?and just one more question should i take any medecine?
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor