Is my pulse rate normal ?

my pulse is faster when i breath in and slower when i breath out is that at all normal?????
Mon, 5 Aug 2013
Medical Topics ,   ,  
Dentist 's  Response
hello
normally our pulse rate is 72 per minute which varies with our physical activity
1.for instance when we are in intense physical activity it may rise to 80-90
2 and while sleeping or in stationary position or sleeping it may go below 70 per minute in normal humans
so while we breath we take in oxygen which is taken by cells and is used to produce energy
so normally when we breath in the pulse rate is higher while when we breath out its a bit low but you need not worry about that
best of luck

General & Family Physician Dr. Shekhar Deo's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HCM.

It is quite normal to have fluctuations in heart rate (HR) or pulse. Normally HR varies slightly with breathing and is called as heart rate variability. Our heart is under the influence of autonomic nervous system (parasympathetic and sympathetic). Increase in parasympathetic nervous activation reduces HR. With inspiration there is withdrawal of parasympathetic tone and expiration increase it; thus increase in HR with inspiration and decrease with expiration.

Hope I have answered your question.

abuzer's  Response
Sounds normal to me!