Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Is it sufficient to undergo a master health check-up after a bypass surgery ?

my father has done by-pass surgery 7 years back in NIMS. from last 15 days he is feeling drowzy and most of the time he is seeping. He becames weak also. I want to do master check-up. Is is sufficient or I have to do any other test. please advise me
Asked On : Mon, 20 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Get his BP and blood sugar checked. Diabetes can also cause lethargy, weakness. Also electrolyte disturbance due to possible kidney dysfunction. You can consult your Cardiologist who will help determine the cause since he known your Father as his patient and knows his problems and risk factors. He should avoid smoking and drinking alcohol. Must try to exercise by walking everyday for 20-30 minutes. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for Query,
Regular check up for lipid profile,blood sugar and ECG, to be continued.
As he feels drowsy,he might have some cerebral insufficiency go for physician check up for any problem in the brain.
Go for regular check up by cardiologist is also essential for follow up for bye pas.
ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You have a very Good Idea and I would suggest the same. Kindly get him examined by a Cardiologist and get his Blood and Urine Parameters tested, Including 2D-ECHO. He should be eating healthy nutritious balanced diet which should Include fresh fruits and Green Leafy vegetables. He should stick to his treatment plan, with regular exercises. If he still drinks and smokes, he should QUIT. Take him for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I Will be available to answer your follow up queries.

I wish him Good Health.
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor