Is it safe to take biopreg-f during pregnancy?

hi doctor,i got married since 2 yrs, i am 25 year old women & planning to have my first baby. i visited a gynecologist she advised me to take biopreg-f tablets on a daily basis. it contains biotin 5mg & folic acid 5 mg. Is it safe for me?? Age -25 height - 5 2 weight - 52 kg medical history - urine infection, irregular of menstrual cycle... (now its regular)
Wed, 15 Sep 2021

Biopreg F contains both folic acid and biotin that acts as a supplement is used in the treatment of anemia of nutritional deficiency, folic acid or biotin deficiency, pregnancy, infancy, hair loss or hair fall, anemia due to folate deficiency and many more. Its one ingredient called biotin is a B complex vitamin that is required for maintenance of a healthy nervous system and bone marrow as well as normal growth and development of hair and skin.

On the other hand, folic acid is also a B complex vitamin that is used in the treatment and prevention of certain types of anemia during pregnancy and birth defects of babies. So, Biopreg F is a very safe and effective medication for pregnant women if it is taken in the doses and duration as directed by the doctor.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician