Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to remove gall bladder during the second trimester of pregnancy?

Why are some surgeons willing to remove gall bladder during second trimester and others are not willing? I don t eat greasy, high-fat or spicy foods. Stay away from foods that are an irritant and still suffer severe pains that reduce me to tears in the middle of the night. Heart attack type pain at 8 weeks pregnancy caused trip to ER and discovered sludge in gall bladder. I meet with a surgeon on nov. 2 and want to know how to best advocate for myself and my baby. I have lost 18 lbs, now drink ensure plus frequently and throw up pretty much all solids, broth, water, etc.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCm. yes it is safe, and risk of complications is the same as for those who are not pregnant. Wish you good health. Regards
Answered: Thu, 28 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor