Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to fix an online appointment for psychiatrist or Counseling ?

I have just one question, would like to know if there is a such thing as Psychiatrist or counseling available online for those who may have social anxiety or other types of agrophobic disorders?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
The essential part of treatment of social anxiety involves exposure of the patient to anxiety provoking situations, although it is done in a controlled manner to avoid distress to patient. Therefore, online treatment, especially for social anxiety, defeats the purpose of treatment to some extent. Try to take the help of your family and consult a specialist in person. This will be the first step towards treatment of social anxiety disorder. After initial problems, I am sure, u you will be able to conquer your problems.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

  User's Response
you just write counselling psychology in google you can get many site of counselling
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor