Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

I am seeking for a psychiatrist to give counseling. Can online doctor help me?

hi.... am seeking for a best psychiatrist to give counseling for my mother-in-law. she is 45 years old. she always fights with my father-in-law for silly reason. This has been started from their marriage itself. my fater-in-law s family is a big family.he has 5 siblings. my mother-in-law always consider them as their enemies. but the thing is basically they are good people and they are not troublesome. she always imagine that each and every bad thing happened to their family is only because of his father-in-law was suffering by this for the past 25 years. he tried to take her to counseling. but she refused. could any suggest any solution
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Talking therapies like couple therapy or Inter personal therapy or CBT are best used in this kind of situation but would work only if the concerned parties are both interested.

If you mother in law is not able to/willing to go for the talking therapies, then an assessment by a psychiatrist to see if there is any scope for the use of medication is the alternative.

Usually, people like this will need lot of gentle and consistent persuasion to even come to the psychiatrist and the family will need to play the role of silent and unbiased mediator, which is easier said than done.

Good Luck
Answered: Sun, 23 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor