Is discoloured nails a symptom for lichen planus ?

hi my husband is diagnosed with lichen planus . He has notice his nails are changing color to yellow not hs toes, Is this related to Lichen
Wed, 28 Dec 2011
hi
lichen planus do affect nail commonly
discoloration is one of it sign
watch for
-pitting
-any growth over it
-seperation of nail from skin
lichen planus over skin and in mouth

Im trying to get a diagnosis. Nurse practitioner keeps saying herpes, but all tests and blood work came back negative. I believe its lichen. I have all symptoms and in a living hell. She will not do biopsy to confirm. Just keeps shoving valtrex down my throat. Help!

I have been diagnosed with Lichen Planus of the Oral Mucosa. I have had the signs and symptoms since May of this year and was just diagnosed. My problem is I cannot find a Dr who will actually treat my symptoms. I have been to Dentists, Oral Surgeons, ENT who did diagnose by Biopsy but does not treat disease, Dermatologist in Coatesville, Pa. area who does not treat this and last a Rhuematologist who does not treat. Everyone said to go to a Dermatologist but half of them can diagnose but not treat. I have had blood work for Hep C, LUPUS, ANEMIA, B12 and all tests were negative. I had other blood work as well...again negative. I have been on all the Magic mouthwashes, Antibiotics, Solu medrol packs three times, Decadron twice for 3 days and now most recently Prednisone 30 mg for two weeks and then taper. This is not working either. My medical Dr refuses to treat me or taper my Prednisone. I don t want to drive to Philadelphia. I feel no one cares and I am aware that if not treated this could lead to Cancer. Any suggestions. I did find a Dr that supposedly treats this but I need to wait a month for an appointment. Mean while who is going to continue treatment..no one and I go right back to square one.

hi i had been diagnose with lichen plans and treated with predilone, prednisolone pills since January 2013, but any moment i am done with the dose and stop taking the pills, i start having it again, so i am still taking the pills but now even while i am taking the pills i am having the lichen plans symptoms, and i cant offered to see a dermatologist at this moment, can you please tell me what to do, thank you so much.

Recent questions on  Lichenoid eruptions

I was just diagnosed w Lichen Planus. I had 4 spots down my inner and back of one leg, a biopsy was done to confirm this diagnosis, however my spots look nothing like the ones I see pictured when I look this up. they do not itch, only worried bc of slight change in them so was thinking skiing cancer that is y I went to the doctors. Now I had a couple spots on the pubic area ( over the public bone) they have healed but it is numb where they were?? is this connected to this disease or something else. my doctor is on vacation til next week. can this wait or should I go to the ER?

I have lichen planus pigmentosus and have been prescribed Dermovate for 5 days and Prednison for 14 days + (10mg per day) + sunscreen. I had been put on Quinoric for my rheumatoid arthritis which appeared to quicken this. How can I speed up the clearing of the greying.

hello.. m 18yrs old.2 years ago i saw white patches on my leg which went away itself but after some time it started developing in hands n chest. doctor said it s due to sun. after treatment(i don t remember the medicines he gave) patches grew brown also new brown/red spots started spreading then had taken acticort(30 days),dispred & tenovate & melalite creams. since i saw no improvement i changed the doctor. now new doc says it s lichen planus , now i m taking vit E & C capsules n applying melanorm on brown patches. i want to know what the exact problem i m having.

hi maam. I am Mrs jaggi From Raipur.My father who is 57 yrs of age has lichen planus in his oral cavity from past 2 yrs.angioplasty done 2wice .presently on tab. Family history : has 3 children and 1 brother and 5 sisters.Appetitite is sound and has sound sleep and no change in weight ,no diabetes and no asthma.Please Suggest medication as well as precaution for the same.

Its not related to shingales. Now they have gone to bumps on her legs. When u feel them there like samdpaper. Its like another layer of skin on top.Here r a couple more on here neck & its sloly going alover her body

I Have had a red triangular spot on the shaft of my penis just below the head for several months. It does not itch or burn and has never had any discharge. It only gets red after sex. My sexual encounters have only been with my wife of 16 years...

I had similar bump on my foreskin earlier, answered by Dr. XXXXXXX Kanodia. no itching right now. about 3 days old, has grown in height.