Is discoloured nails a symptom for lichen planus ?

hi my husband is diagnosed with lichen planus . He has notice his nails are changing color to yellow not hs toes, Is this related to Lichen
Wed, 28 Dec 2011
hi
lichen planus do affect nail commonly
discoloration is one of it sign
watch for
-pitting
-any growth over it
-seperation of nail from skin
lichen planus over skin and in mouth

Im trying to get a diagnosis. Nurse practitioner keeps saying herpes, but all tests and blood work came back negative. I believe its lichen. I have all symptoms and in a living hell. She will not do biopsy to confirm. Just keeps shoving valtrex down my throat. Help!

I have been diagnosed with Lichen Planus of the Oral Mucosa. I have had the signs and symptoms since May of this year and was just diagnosed. My problem is I cannot find a Dr who will actually treat my symptoms. I have been to Dentists, Oral Surgeons, ENT who did diagnose by Biopsy but does not treat disease, Dermatologist in Coatesville, Pa. area who does not treat this and last a Rhuematologist who does not treat. Everyone said to go to a Dermatologist but half of them can diagnose but not treat. I have had blood work for Hep C, LUPUS, ANEMIA, B12 and all tests were negative. I had other blood work as well...again negative. I have been on all the Magic mouthwashes, Antibiotics, Solu medrol packs three times, Decadron twice for 3 days and now most recently Prednisone 30 mg for two weeks and then taper. This is not working either. My medical Dr refuses to treat me or taper my Prednisone. I don t want to drive to Philadelphia. I feel no one cares and I am aware that if not treated this could lead to Cancer. Any suggestions. I did find a Dr that supposedly treats this but I need to wait a month for an appointment. Mean while who is going to continue treatment..no one and I go right back to square one.

hi i had been diagnose with lichen plans and treated with predilone, prednisolone pills since January 2013, but any moment i am done with the dose and stop taking the pills, i start having it again, so i am still taking the pills but now even while i am taking the pills i am having the lichen plans symptoms, and i cant offered to see a dermatologist at this moment, can you please tell me what to do, thank you so much.

Recent questions on  Lichenoid eruptions

I am havimg light brown/dark brown patches on my face,neck and arms. I contacted a doctor which treated me for 4 month as photocontact melanosis.I had chemical peels and De Tan for the same but of no use.i further contacted a doctor which is saying i am having LPP(lichen planus pigmentous).No one from my parental side is having this type of disease.what can be this disease? Is this curable? do i have to take any precaution?

I was recently diagnosed with lichen sclerosis. I find it difficult to see where to apply the strong cortisone cream I have been prescribed due to my pubic hair. Given that this condition may require treatment for the rest of my life, I am considering having all of my pubic hair lasered away permanently. Do you think this would impact negatively on this condition, to have laser on the skin where I have the lichen sclerosis, as well as everywhere else?
Jennifer

Age 29, Height 185 cms, weight 86 kgs, no medical history. Current problem, Lichen planus pigmentation in penis head. Problem of lichen planus is no longer there, but the pigmentation are an emotional stress. Current medication, hydroquinone. Previously applied corticosteriods, but were later on withdrawn as the problem solved. Pigmentations not going though after 12 months. What can be done?

I have lichen planus and have had this for a few years now, it came and went and has come back stronger. This time it has effected y scalp really badly and caused alapecia, despite hours spent on the net looking for treatments of hair loss, it all basically says the same: lichen planus in the scalp causes permanent hair loss and no suggestions for treatments. I am really desperate now and would like a suggestion for a possible treatment please

Its not related to shingales. Now they have gone to bumps on her legs. When u feel them there like samdpaper. Its like another layer of skin on top.Here r a couple more on here neck & its sloly going alover her body

I Have had a red triangular spot on the shaft of my penis just below the head for several months. It does not itch or burn and has never had any discharge. It only gets red after sex. My sexual encounters have only been with my wife of 16 years...

I had similar bump on my foreskin earlier, answered by Dr. XXXXXXX Kanodia. no itching right now. about 3 days old, has grown in height.