Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is a hard lump in the groin a concerning matter?

I have a medium size lump on my inner thigh in my groin area at first I thought it was an ingrown hair but now I m starting to question it feels like a hard lump inside it s red and it s kind of cracked in the skin not sure if I should go to my family doctor and have them look at it or if it could be something to not worry about
Tue, 4 Jun 2019
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response

Lump on inner thigh with red and cracked skin should be seen by your Doctor for clinical evaluation, examination and investigations as and if needed.

If there is any evidence of infection you need a course of an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and supportive medications.

If clinically it is not sure then added tests of blood and ultrasonography will help to get a correct diagnosis.

The possibilities can be lymph nodes, any infected cyst, can be a hernia too. Hence the necessity of proper diagnosis and management.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T Chandrakant,
ENT & General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, So I am 15 and today I found a hard lump, the size of a nickel, underneath my skin on the left side of my groin area. I have my period at the...