Is Rozavel or Atorvastatin better for carotid arteries treatment?

Hello, I am a 51 year old male. I have plaque formation in my carotid arteries. Both the plques are 4 to 5 mm long. I have been prescribed Rozavel 5 by one physician whereas the other physician wants me to take avertostatin 40 mg a day. Since both the medications have been recommended for the rest of my life, I am wondering which of these drugs I should consume.
Mon, 29 Jun 2015
Both the medicines have similar actions.
In our Vascular Surgery Department we are routinely using Atorvastatin with good results.
As for your Carotid plaques, what investigation has been done? What is the percentage of stenosis? That would be important to know rather than the length of the plaques.
Do let us know so that we can advice you the optimum management of Carotid plaque disease.
Take care,
Dr Rishi, New Delhi, India.