Is Nasonex the right medicine for sinusitis?

I was recently diagnosed with sinusitis and given nasonex. The sinus pressure has been bad but subsidies when I take ibuprofen. The mucus had been greenish and is now clearer. But now I am seeing blood in the clear mucus. Is this something to be concerned with?
Mon, 17 Aug 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi dear ,

As per your query you are suffering from sinusitis . Well sinusitis is a inflammation of lining of sinus . As far as nasonex is concerned this is good medicine for symptoms such as congestion, sneezing, and runny nose caused by seasonal or year-round allergies. But as you also mention in query that you have greenish mucous and blood . It seems to me that you probably suffering from bacterial or viral infection . Antiviral or antibacterial drugs will going to help a lot . I would suggest you to consult ENT specialist for proper diagnosis . Doctor may order blood test , viral culture test or CT scan . Doctor may prescribe antibiotics ( amoxicillin or penicillin) or decongestant along with mucolytic agent . For now do saline nasal rinses , warm saline gargles and take steam twice a day .

Hope your concern has been resolved.
Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari