Is Deferasirox recommended for acute myeloid leukemia with other complications?

My mother, 92, has acute myeloid leukemia. After many transfusions, her iron levels are very high---her ferritin recently was tested at almost 1900. She would like to try chelation therapy, but her family doctor will not prescribe it. I am just now researching deferasirox, the iron-chelating drug that she would like to take. Several websites say it should not be taken if a person has a bone marrow disorder, low platelets, a history of intestinal bleeding, or vision or hearing problems. My mother has all of these. Please tell me why deferasirox is not appropriate for her. I would like to explain it to her so that she will understand. Thank you
Mon, 22 Feb 2016