Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is B+ in male and O- in female compatible ?

Blood group of male candidate is B+ve and female is O-ve.does this group is compatible for marriage
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  975
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI welcome to health care magic.........
Blood group has nothing to do with marriage, just that if one is positive (B + like you) and other is negative(like your partner O-) then there is a possibility that the child born can have ABO or Rh incompatibility , means there may be mismatch of blood groups and the baby may loose blood and may develop jaundice. This is preventable by going for Anti D antibodies each time after blood transfusions or child birth. But if you do not want to take the risk at all then , you should decide. Yes there is a chance of bloodgroup mismatch i.e Rh incompatibility possible but not always 100%, and so you need to decide further
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor