Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Internal itching in the ear canal. Pain in the ear with blockage. When will I get my hearing back?

Day 1: started with internal itching in ear canal , I cleaned it with a q-tip, which was bloody, then accute ear pain for a day, took ibprofen to help with pain. Day 2: I mixed hydrogen peroxide and water and cleaned ear, drained most of fluid and then ear went completely blocked.. now on Day 3: and wannting to hear again!!! I do not have health insurance, so going in is out of the question. pain is gone until I burp, which brings sudden and severe ear pain and dealing with a blocked ear. Is there anything I can do to help or do I simply endure until my hearing comes back?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query and as you said that initially you were hahing itching in your ear canal deeply, and you have clean it with q-tip which came out with blood and acute pain this suggest that probably you have given trauma to ear drum.

On next day as you have cleaned your ear with hydrogenperoxide and water your ear get completely blocked because water and hydrogenperoxide had enter into middle ear through perforation.

Though we have no examination findings of your ear but according to history of your illness it appears you have acute perforation on your ear drum.

To manage it -
(a) Don't put any ear drop or oil to your ear.
(b) Keep ear clean and dry and cover it with a piece of cotton.
(c) Took oral broad spectrum antibiotic.
(d) you can take anti inflammatory & analgesic.
(e) In such cases cold has adverse effect so to avoid cold take steam inhalation.

These are the conservative measures I hope this will help you , but if above treatment fails than consultation of ENT specialist will be necessary.

Wishing you for speedy recovery.

Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor