Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Insect bites since childhood, scars left behind. Tests and best treatment?

hi doctor, my cousin has suffered from insect bytes since her childhood, one of the doctor has said these will be there till her 18 yrs age. As the doctor said, it got stopped at her 18yrs. After that visited the same doctor to get the treatment for the scars, initially its like vanishing, but later scars have got increased. Then we asked the same to the doctor said, doctor asked to continue the same. But we were not satisfied and stopped. We would like to know where in we can get the treatment, what and all the tests we need to do?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I think your cousin had some allergies which have left behind scars. On the scars, you can start using adapalene ointment 0.1% and Hyseac ointment locally on the scars every alternate night. So basically, on 1 night, your cousin should use adapalene and the next night Hyseac. this needs to be done for atleast 6-8 weeks.
If it doesnt respond, see a dermatologist. Laser, Glycolic peels etc are some of the options we have for scar removal
Hope that helps
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor