Suggest remedies for pimples on the face

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Recently from couple of months, I am getting too many pimples on my face and there are lot of dark spots. Please advice for the acne treatment and for the disappearing of the spots.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for acne and dark spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.

I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist). I have noted your concern.
I would suggest you to take an oral antiacne antibiotic e.g Doxycycline, 100mg, once or twice daily, for a few weeks.
Protect your skin from sun. Take an oral Vit C supplement once daily (Tab. Celin)
In addition I would suggest you to apply a topical Adapalene 0.1% and Clindamycin 1% combination gel once every evening over the whole of affected area (Deriva CMS gel Or Faceclin AT gel)
At daytime you may use topical benzoyl peroxide 2.5% (benzac AC gel) or 3.5% gel (microbenz 3.5% gel) or 4% cream (brevoxyl 4% cream) over active acne and a kojic acid based cream (Depiwhite cream or Radant Lite cream) for the dark spots, once or twice daily.
Avoid all cosmetics on your face like moisturizers, sunscreens, fairness creams etc. Avoid taking facials. Avoid fiddling with your acne.
The above medicines are prescription products and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription regarding the same.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 33 minutes later
You have mentioned to use Benzac AC gel during day time and when do I use the Depiwhite cream?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding acne

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Good morning.

Benzac AC on active acne and Depiwhite on dark spots. Both during daytime.
Deriva CMS on the whole affected area (acne and spots) for night application.
Also I suggested oral antibiotic i.e Doxycycline. These are prescription medications and I suggest you to use them under supervision and follow up of your local doctor.