Suggest medication for acne on both sides of the chin with facial dark spots

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello sir,

I am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX having a problem of Acne on the sides of chin. I used to have this problem before my marriage. now again having the same Acne problem on both sides of the Chin. and having black marks and pain on the skin. Could you please suggest remedy.

thank you.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can grade the severity of your acne and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Hello madam,

please verify the attached photos and another information is that mine is oily skin.

thanks.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Management of acne

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photographs and can appreciate acne lesions as well as dark spots.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take capsule doxycycline 100 mg once daily at bedtime and apply gel containing combination of benzoyl peroxide and adapelene ( epiduo gel ) on the pimples at night for 1 hour and gradually increase the time to 2 hours, 3 hours and then overnight.
On dark spots you can apply kojic acid based cream ( kojivit plus cream) twice daily.
Besides this use a salicylic acid 1 percent facewash twice daily and a broad spectrum sunscreen ( lashield sunscreen gel or photostable gel ) on the entire face during the day time.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
Avoid sugary foods, oiling of scalp, scrubbing of face and oily cosmetics.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 35 minutes later
thank you madam,

shall we go ahead and use drugs directly, or should I approach any other doctor.
i hope these drugs will be available in all medical shops.
please let me know. thanks.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You can start with the medicines directly.
These will be easily available in medical shop.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome!!
All the best!!
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 0 minute later
Thanks much madam.

Madam,

one small clarification, how many days I should use the tablets.

thanks.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
At least 8-10 weeks

Detailed Answer:
You need to take these tablets for atleast 8-10 weeks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj