What causes dark lines running down the sides of the nose?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi
I am 29 years old female and i am seeing slanting black lines from sides of my nose? Please see attached pics. What are these? I am worried as this is quite visible.
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sunscreen and depigmenting cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
You seem to have pigmentation at the sides of nose. I suggest you to use a broad spectrum sunscreen during the day. At night you may use a depigmenting cream e.g Kojic acid cream (Kojic cream) over the affected area. It is prescription product.

Follow-up: What causes dark lines running down the sides of the nose? 1 hour later
Considering oily skin which would be the best sunscreen

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding sunscreen

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

A gel based sunscreen Or one which clearly mentions - non comedogenic, non greasy and suitable for oily skin.