Suggest medication for pimples on the face and forehead

Posted on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I have got few eruptions/ pimples on face specially in the forehead area. These started happening in the month of august & exist till now.. can you pls suggest something. I have an event coming next week.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use topical antiacne preparations

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you for writing to us.

I an Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I having noted your concern.

For mild to moderate grade of acne, I usually suggest my patients to use Adapalene 0.1% gel once every night and Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel for day time application. Use a mild face wash e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion, twice a day..
Avoid cosmetics, make up and oily greasy moisturizers, including sunscreens. Avoid hair oil.
If you also have an oily scalp/ dandruff I suggest you to also use an antidandruff shampoo e.g ketoconazole 2% shampoo, alternate days.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist