Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Injured leg, painful lump in the shin. What could it be?

I was climbing on my kitchen counter and my shin was resring right on the corner and as I got down my shin rubbed/ hit the corner of the counter really hard. Afterwards there was a small swollen lump where my shin had hit. The lump has since decreased in size but I m experiencing extreme discomfort and minor pain throughout my whole lower leg. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  387
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query

You had injury to your shin after hitting the corner of counter.

After that you developed swelling & tenderness at the point of impact.

It might be a soft tissue injury or a minute fracture.

You need an x-ray leg to rule out the fracture , And treatment plan according to that.


Answered: Fri, 14 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor