Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Infant with plastic piece stuck to roof, round mark on removal, suspicion of it having caused disturbance in sucking. Treatment required?

Hi, yesterday i found a flat round shaped plastic piece in my daughter s mouth. It was stuck on the upper area of her mouth. We took it out but there s a round mark on her upper mouth. We suspect the thing was stuck in her mouth for about 2 weeks coz thats when she refused to drink milk from bottle and stopped pacifier coz its disturbing for her to suck. Should i bring her to Dr to check just in case..
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
thanku for your query,
well i understand for your concern , if the plastic was in her mouth for two weeks ,which is least expected , u need to show her to pediatrician as a foreign body was there for a long time , it might have caused some allergic reaction or some infection locally, and u have symptoms of child not drinking properly .
I hope i have answered your query,
God bless
Dr Aarti
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor