Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Increased sugar levels, advised insulin. Suggestions about food ?

hi may name is AAAA my age is 36 and i fell in dabtes last weet . i go to my doctocr in italy he gave me some tast of dabites my dabites leve is 370 last week my doctor sugest me insoleen now my dabites lave at morning agrage 200 afternoon 150 and night time 155 160 please suggest me some care food and other thing my e mail id is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are recently detected to have Diabetes, and taking insulin please take care of diet you should avoid foods with high Glycemic Index like refined sugar and sweets, Ice cream,chocolate and take 3 to 4 meals per day and calories should be 25 to 30 K cal/kg body weight and take proteins,little amount of fats and complex poly carbohydrates and you can take help of a Dietitian to plan your meals.
You have to also take in to account are you overweight if yes avoid fats and too much calories.
If you smoke and/or drinks please stop both as they are harmful to your health.
It will take some time before your sugar level will be well controlled and in case they are persistently high dose adjustment can be made in consultation with your treating Physician.
Please also monitor your control of blood sugar level by HbA1c level once in 3 months.
Take care
Good Luck
Answered: Sun, 24 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor