How to reduce abdominal fat postpartum?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: I am in postpartum period. I have gain 20kgs weight in my pregnancy time. I lost only 10 kgs of weight. My belly fat also looking like 15 weeks pregnancy. When will I get reduce my weight and my tummy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Planned program can help to achieve your goal in a year.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your health concern with us.

I have gone through your query.

I would suggest some options to help reduce your weight as soon as possible.

1. Increase the intake of water, up to 4 or 5 liters per day.

2. Avoid fatty, fried foods and sweets. Take plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Reduce carbohydrate intake.

3. Exercise regularly. Yoga helps a lot in this matter. There are several asanas available for achieving fitness in the postpartum period. The abdominal fat also gets reduced in course of time.

There is no need to worry and go for active intervention. With perseverance and patience, you are sure to regain your original form in less than a year.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.