Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

If i consult a doctor for honey bee sting what they will do to cure ?

Hi, I was stung by a bee at 12:00pm, about 11 hours ago and I have had no relief in the initial amount of pain. My face and lips are numb. I took out the stinger, but it was in my ankle for about 3-4 minutes. I applied hydrocortisone cream, iced it, took a pain reliever and a bendryl. Initially, I had shortness of breath , but figured that was because of the adrenaline rush following the sting. I only have difficulty now dealing with the pain in my ankle. I have had to continuously apply ice for any pain relief for the last 11 hours. I have never been stung before and I am 29. Will it only get better from here or do I need to see a doc? What can/ will they do?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  316
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
there is allergic reaction to sting .
continue benadryl .
for pain you need to take analgesic with diclofenac .
if you feel that you are better and get better than dont need to consult doctor .
apply antibiotic cream
if more severe reaction is there you need to take steroid also .
i hope i have answered your question
dr gaurav patel ,ahmedabad
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thank you. Can I obtain the analgesic over the counter? How long should I wait to know if I need to see a doctor?
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor