Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Identified with Herpes zoster, can I go to gym in this condition ?

i went for consultation to a doctor and i have been identified with Herpes zoster(i think i have pronounced it correctly). so can i go to gym in this condition as the doctor has advised complete rest.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jan 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  629
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

During infection it is advisable to take complete blood rest and only after recovery you can resume  your fitness activities.

Answered: Mon, 11 Jan 2010
  User's Response
I guess having herpes/HIV/HPV or other STDs is not the end of the world. I'm living with genital herpes for 2 years. Honestly, I was upset and think my sex life was over.

Later I found This site was created to help people find useful, up-to-date information about prevention and cure for herpes, HPV, HIV, find safe dating with STDs. I know there are currently 33 million people living with HIV in the world. Having STDs is not the end of the world.
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
  User's Response
Herpes is serious man, you should take rest. Dont have sex also.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

It is good to take complete bedrest for a week atleast.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

If you are fine, you can do your normal activities though not gym or strenous exercise.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor