Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

ICD inserted, taking medications. Periodic throbbing pain in neck, chest with heart beat. Reason and cure?

I just recently had an ICD put in, a little over a month ago, after having a SCA. I am 36 years old. I have been feeling fine. They put me on lisinipril and coreg. I ran out of my BP med earlier in the week. I started taking them again yesterday. Later yesterday I started having throbbing pains in my neck and chest , and even back of chest- with every heartbeat . The pains are periodic, and will suddenly come on, with a stabbing like pain. Should I contact my cardiologist? I have no signs of heart disease, or otherwise. They determined that I have no plaque build up either.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
Yes you should contact your cardiologist. As your symptoms could be related to abnormal heart rhythm.
Answered: Tue, 6 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor