Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

I was born with a heart condition called SVT, Is it safe to stay at work ?

I am 21 years old and was born with a heart condition called SVT. Recently I have been diagnosed as suffering from anxiety because of an enormous amount of pressure and bullying at work. Ultimately my question is can this anxiety affect my SVT and if so, how badly? I probably should have mentioned that i m being bullied by the senior partner at my works. they ve known about it since march. although they now appear to be trying to solve the problem I don t think they will actually help me.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  269
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Are you my neighbor?!?! My neighbor and good friend has this problem and ended up rushing to the hospital because of stress and bullying at work. The mistake she made was that she did not report the bullying or CLEARLY tell her boss when they condition limitations were being ignored... no one took her condition serious and she was 'forced' to do work that was not the best thing for her condition.. she overexerted herself.. collapsed at work and had to be rushed to the hospital. Your work NEEDS to know that your problem is very Serious.. if possible bring a doctors note in stating your problem and what you can and cannot perform at your job.. that way it is on paper if you have any problems with the job later down the line.. They need to be informed of what is going on.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor