Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

I want to prevent hair loss, please suggest remedies

hello, i am a boy aged 23 years and i am facing gradual hair loss . only near the forehead i could see areas prone to baldness . i have stopped using regular shampooing and also do not put oil on my hair. I have heard that biotin is a good vitamin to prevent hair loss and also help regrowth of hair and nails. But I do not know which product to buy from the indian market. I am 23 years old and i still do not have much beard on my face . I look so kiddish. Please help me in providing necessary steps to be taken.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  332
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
You're supposed to use Cortisone cream on the affected area if its alopecia. Those patches are there because your body is attacking the hair folicles before they can grow, adn the cortisone cream will help with that.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response

hello !

welcome to "healthcare magic forum"
look any vitamin, iron tab will help u to increase the levels in your body , surely low nutrition levels is one of the causes for the hair loss but in your condition are you sure to mark this reason for the hair fall because you have also stated your beard area with less hair growth , will suggest u to consult a homoeopath who will asses the cause for all these reasons and prescribe you medicines which are very safe , effective and natural .
these will treat the root cause and u can find regrowth as well.
do continue a good , healthy diet always .
consult a homoeopath at d earliest.

wish u good health alwyas ! godbless!
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

You seems to be having frontal recession of hair line which is a sign of androgenetic alopecia.This usually runs in family.Thee are good medicines available but best would be to consult a dermatologist and take treatment as its a long term treatment.Medicines like minoxidil , biotin ,saw palmeto does help good,but needs a medical prescription for that.Along with this take plenty of water,sprouts ,green leafy vegetables,good protein diet etc.Don't brush your hair too hard and don't brush them when wet.Avoid using too much of shampoo or gels.

Answered: Sun, 10 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
biotin is said to improve hair growth though we do not have very very convincing proof yet, but it is worth trying. Take tab keraglo once daily. if the hair loss is marked, use tugain 5% lotion twice daily on the scalp.
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor