Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

I want to fix ear drum hole without any surgery

Hello Doctor , three years back i had informed by a doctor ,my left eardrum has hole .He said it may cure by medicine or not . He done clean on my ear and later the infection problem not there and after three years now the same problem occured with pain in ear ,same infection .Still the hole problem persists , could you is there any way to cure the same without surgery
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1567
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

If the perforation is a fresh one then it can heal if the infection is adequately controlled. If the infection persists or recurring, the perforation may not heal and surgery is the only option.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

ENT Specialist Dr. Dinesh Valse's  Response

you are having hole since long time it will not heal its own. ya you have one option which yo can try. it can be closed by chemical cautery but size should be less than 25% of membrane.consult ENT surgeon get your ear checked. if its big size then surgery is the only option
Answered: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor