Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

I have skin abscess on my upper legs and under my breasts

Hello there, I get abcess' quite often along the crease of my upper legs and under my breasts. I associate them to me being plus size, however, I've never gotten one above my clitoris before. Although it's draining, should I let my doctor know that I have one there or can I wait until my annual pap? I've been given minocyclene and it was effective but two weeks into the treatment I broke out in hives so now I am just dealing with the issue while loosing weight with the lap band, the excess skin has made matter worse as of late.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jun 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  248
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
How long have you been having this problem?
Do you have diabetes?
Do you sweat a lot?
Do you have any allergy for foods or clothes?
I feel you are having Hidradenitis suppurativa. This is a condition in which there are multiple abscesses that form under the armpits and often in the groin area. These areas are a result of local inflammation of the sweat glands. This form of skin infection is difficult to treat with antibiotics alone and typically requires a surgical procedure to remove the involved sweat glands in order to stop the skin inflammation.
Answered: Sun, 27 Jun 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor