Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

I have severely low amniotic fluid

I had a routine doctors appointment this past Thursday and found out that I have severely low amniotic fluids. I also discovered that the baby is frank breech. I am 34.4 weeks today. I was sent over the hospital immediately and was put on IV fluids for 24 hours where I received 5 1000 mL bags. The levels did come up, but only to the lowest of the "normal" parameters of what I should have. The doctor said that he was going to monitor me frequently and hopefully get me to go 2-3 more weeks before performing a c-section. I was then sent home with orders for bed rest. My question is- is what are the chances that the baby will turn head down? The ultrasound lady (who is very well respected in the practice from the doctors) said that she feels that the baby is NOT going to be moving. Has anyone else gone through something similar as this? What was your outcome? Will the IV fluids "stick" or go back down? I have a fluid check on Monday but I feel very anxious about the whole situation.
Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

It is a rare possibility of the baby to move from frank breach to vertex presentation after 30 weeks, more over you have low amniotic fluid and probably no space for the baby to turn too. Keep following up there was a practice to turn the baby to vertex and deliver and I think it is not practised now. I am 58 yr old lady RN, I was incharge of labor room for considerable time and I have been tthoru all these. 

General & Family Physician Dr. Khaleel Ahmed.Manik's  Response
considering ur low amniotic fluid level theres very less chance of the baby turning to head presentation ,& it cant be tried manually as well in ur case.
U need to be followed up regularly and at any moment when ur amniotic fluid starts going below critical level u can undergo C S . hope ur satisfied with the answer .
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor