I had a routine doctors appointment this past Thursday and found out that I have severely low amniotic fluids. I also discovered that the baby is frank breech. I am 34.4 weeks today. I was sent over the hospital immediately and was put on IV fluids for 24 hours where I received 5 1000 mL bags. The levels did come up, but only to the lowest of the "normal" parameters of what I should have. The doctor said that he was going to monitor me frequently and hopefully get me to go 2-3 more weeks before performing a c-section. I was then sent home with orders for bed rest. My question is- is what are the chances that the baby will turn head down? The ultrasound lady (who is very well respected in the practice from the doctors) said that she feels that the baby is NOT going to be moving. Has anyone else gone through something similar as this? What was your outcome? Will the IV fluids "stick" or go back down? I have a fluid check on Monday but I feel very anxious about the whole situation.
It is a rare possibility of the baby to move from frank breach to vertex presentation after 30 weeks, more over you have low amniotic fluid and probably no space for the baby to turn too. Keep following up there was a practice to turn the baby to vertex and deliver and I think it is not practised now. I am 58 yr old lady RN, I was incharge of labor room for considerable time and I have been tthoru all these.
considering ur low amniotic fluid level theres very less chance of the baby turning to head presentation ,& it cant be tried manually as well in ur case.
U need to be followed up regularly and at any moment when ur amniotic fluid starts going below critical level u can undergo C S . hope ur satisfied with the answer .
I find this answer helpful
1 Doctor agrees with this answer
You found this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer.
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Yes, Maybe you can advice us. we live in a small town approximately 50 miles south of Bloomington, IN. My daughter goes to a Baby doctor in Bloomington IN, she just returned home with a sonogram and the doctor, she is due Sep 1, the dr. just informed her that their is a possibility of Amniotic band problems so he wants to do another sonogram in 4 weeks, we are concerned, should we be transferred to a specialist somewhere, we don t feel like we should wait 4 weeks, we feel we need to be sent somewhere that they specialize in this or at least an Indianapolis hospital where they could take a 3-D picture, MRI or find out soething now and not just sit and wait. Can you give me any suggestions, This is my daughter we are talking about, she has 3 children, had low amniotic fluid problem with them, has also had 2 miscarriages and always delivers at least 2 weeks early if not sooner. Please help me.
I was diag. with mild low oligo last week. I am 25 Wks. Everything else looks fine. Baby is growing fine with no problems. Why would my fluid be low? I was low/normal 2 weeks earlier. What are the statistics that all will be fine and deliver closer to due date? And what are the benefits of bed rest?
hi doctor, i am 34 weeks pregnant and today in my ultrasound it showed that the amniotic fluid is measuring at 4.2 instead if 5. which my obgyn said is low borderline. i am flying from dubai to canada on the 28th of may. my doctor wants me to get checked at with a fetal medicine specialist for a more detailed opinion on the amniotic fluid. what are your thoughts.
Hi , I am 14 weeks and recently detected with high risk on Down Syndrome which is (1:6). I have been recommended to take up amniocentesis , Want to know whats the best time to do this ? And what are the risk involved ?
Dear Maam I contacted you 2 weeks back regarding my wife' brown discharge in 10th week of pregnancy to which you had given us a very comforting and detailed answer. The Brown Discharge also stopped after 2 days. We did the follow up Ultrasound...
Hi, My daughter has just come back from a 31 week scan,as the baby was observed at 20 weeks to have a blockage of the bladder.She has been told the kidneys have 100% function in one and 50% in the other,the amniotic fluid level has been fine all the way through,what is the likely prognosis after birth.
Hello Do the following if the child has microcephaly. And a few percent chance mental retardation. bpd:43mm ofd:53mm hc:150.8mm cm:4.7mm tcd:17mm ventriculum atrium:5.6mm tad:48mm apad:46mm ac:147.7mm fl:32mm humerus:32mm age of fetus:21week+5days estimated fetal weight hadlock(bpd-hc-ac-fl):313g 11oz also amniotic synthesis the QF-PCRmethod for chromosomes 21,13,18,x and y is normal
Hi, my wife is 6 month pregnant now ( 6th month just started on 2nd Jun) and we found that both lateral ventricles are dilated. Max transverse diameter at the level of occipital horn is 10mm. Nuchal fold thickness is increased and it measures 6.8mm. Can you let me know the chances of having a normal baby without any complications. We will be doing the repeat sonoghraphy and Amniocentesis. Is it safe to do Amniocentesis? What if we do not find any genetic abnormality, can we have a normal baby?