Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

I have red and swollen eye. Could this be pink eye?

Hi, my name is Amber. i ve recently been having some eye problems i think it could be pink eye. first it started out only one eye was really red swollen on the bottom rim of my eye well i thought it could of been my make up so i stopped wearing make up for a week. the redness and swelling kinda went down. but today i put make up on for the first time and now both my eyes are really red. swollen and they hurt when i shut them. could this be pink eye? or could it be from my make up?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  330
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
The answer is that it could be either. If you have recently changed to a new makeup brand you may be allergic to it. Otherwise, if you have had the same makeup a long time it may actually have bacteria living in it. Makeup does have preservatives, but with time these can break down and allow bacteria to grow. Either way, you should probably throw out your makeup and get something new.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Ophthalmologist Dr. Nyla's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Its most likely to be from the makeup.The signs suggest allergy to the product your trying to use.Do you have any excessive discharge coming from the eyes?If not discontinue the product and use olopat eye drops twice daily for a week.
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor