Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

I have high blood pressure and chest pain at the age of 19

and im only 29 been getting chest pains..... blood prussure is up round 155 160........dont no whats wrong with me been very streesed there any foods that can give u this???????
Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
hi jian
hypertension at this age needs thorough clinical and lab evaluation for coarctation of aorta( if it is elevated only in one arm), renal vessel thrombosis, hormonal disturbances etc..

better meet your doctor and in the meantime reduce your salt intake less than 6 gm per day, reduce saturated fat intake, high dietary fibre etc..

you can know more in JNC 7 guideline ( jump to heading essential hypertension)....

best wishes
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Lots of salt and sodium can make your blood pressure higher. But I suggest if this is a lasting problem, you go see your doctor or health department. I am 22 and on blood pressure medication. It's inexpensive and a once a day pill. So lay off the salt and high sodium foods, but if it persists I suggest a health care professional.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor