Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

I have got hurted my tailbone, please suggest me

hi my name is adilene in 19 i recently had a fall where i fell on my tailbone while on the floor i oulnt fell my legs for about 90 seconds. i went to the er and they told me it wasa bruse. but i dont think thats the case i cant sit for a long time cuz the pain is soo bad that i cant even get up to go to the rest room hurts and to even walk hurts. i am a cheer leading coach and all the exercises we do hurt to i dont know if i should go see another doctor???
Asked On : Fri, 3 Sep 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  543
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi.., the above history suggestive of the injury to the coccyx, coccyx will be soft bone,
hence it will take to heal, 2 to 3 weeks,, it in case you have severe pain even at rest,
better get a X ray of pelvis to rule out any fracture..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Tue, 30 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor