Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

I have contracted genital warts. Suggest me a remedy

im a 34 yr old male. it appears as though i have contracted genital warts . i have about 6 warts on the lower shaft of my penis. a few on each side. is there anything i can buy OTC to remove these unsightly things? also.. if i decide to have children in the future, will having hpv be a problem for that?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  298
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Genital warts are caused by HPV infections a sexually transmitted disease.. It could be a major concern.. Hence it is better to get a doctor to examine you and confirm the condition then presuming it.. yes there are a few wart removal creams available which can help if it is a wart.. You may also have to consider vaccinating your sexual partner inorder to prevent transmission of virus then.. So get to a doctor first..

Answered: Sun, 14 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor