Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

I have continuous pus in wisdom tooth. Do i need medical attention ?

hi doctor i have offensive pus in my wisdom tooth in the lower jaw .i use alot of antibiotics then i take swab . i find gram +ve microorganism .i have continous pus . tell me the treatment thanks
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  285
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hi.if ur wisdom tooth is continously showing signs of infection, then it is better to go for extraction of tooth.wisdom tooth has almost no role in occlusion, so get the extraction done.and then take antibiotics, which wil control the infection.wish u good health
Answered: Wed, 27 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
wisdom tooth has almost no role in mastication and occlusion,so i will suggest you if have recurrent infection in your wisdom tooth,go for extraction of that please go to an oral surgeon and go for complete examination done including x-ray,please follow all the given instructions properly.and go for extraction after antibiotic course to control infection.
nothing to get worried.take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Fri, 29 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
The condition you are suffering from is known as pericoronitis. There is infection around your wisdom tooth. The best possible way is to get it removed as early as possible. Otherwise the problem will recur time and again.
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
If pus is still pouring out in that case you need to change the antibiotics and aw well get an x-ray of the mandible done. You can also do gargles with povidone iodine mouth gargles to reduce the bacterial load. Please do consult a good dentist.
Take care

Dr. Naveen
Answered: Sun, 13 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor