Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

I have been suffering from excessive sweating

i am a 25 years old, indian male ,i have been suffering from excessive sweating all over my body, from past 1.5 years , and now it is getting worse as, i sweat a lot while having my meals , i sweat when i am surrounded by people, or while giving presentations, now it has gotten worse as my upper lip continues sweating all the time ,24 hours , and i am not able to stop this ,whenever i have any spicy dish , sweat flows through my head my face , the most effected part is face ,upper lip where we have moustaches , and in some cirumstances the entire face is infested with sweat ..other sweat affected part is the arm pit , in palms n in feet it is negligible .because of this abnormal sweating i feel embarressed when i am in public ,plz help me out ,if there is any cure...
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jan 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  894
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

I guess you will need a consultation from dermatologists. Have taken any uptil now? if not then I strongly recommend you to take one soon to solve out what and why this is happening before you can decide on any cure.


Answered: Mon, 4 Jan 2010
  User's Response

thanks for the reply, i am going to meet  a dermatologist today only , till now i never met any dermatologist.

Answered: Mon, 4 Jan 2010
  User's Response
some labs need to be done like :
these labs are supposed to rise in case of hyperthyrodism (thyroid gland disease causing excessive sweating )
you need to exclude it first before consulting adermatologist
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u have hyperactive sweat glands
u need to consult dermatologist
he can do
apply dusting powder over body
avoid oily ,spicy food,hot weather
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor