Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

I have been having slight stomach cramping and an irregular appetite

For the past week or so I ve been having slight stomach cramping and an irregular appetite. I tend to have a later sleep schedule as well which leads to not eating as often as I should or as well as I should. I m overweight , but I ve always been a bit bigger since I was little(I m now 23). Currently I m on the third/fourth day of my mental cycle(Which are irregular, but I m fairly certain that has to do with my being overweight. Some months I ll be on schedule then other times I won t have a cycle for 40 to 70 days.) and started getting sever stabbing sensations in my stomach randomly, lasting for a few seconds, dissipating and then coming back. The pattern would repeat for 20 seconds to a minute then randomly return at different intervals ranging from five minutes to an hour. I m concerned because cramps from my cycle don t usually bother me, and these pains are worse then last year when my appendix was inflamed and I had to get it removed. I ve looked into a few things online about stomach pain but I can t seem to pinpoint the cause or reason for it. It s presenting more on the middle/left of my abdomen so I don t think it s my gallbladder . I mentioned to my mother that I tend to feel more ill after ingesting things that are sugary or sweet, like if I have too much orange juice. I ll get stomach pain an hour or so after and have diarrhea . Her being a diabetic took my blood sugar and it was 100. I took it four hours later and it s at 126, I haven t eaten anything since she insisted on taking my blood sugar. I ll also get lightheaded sometimes. Not enough to cause me to fall over but enough to make me feel that something isn t right, lately it s been a floaty lightheaded-ness in the back of my head.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Kindly go for an USG abdomen & reply me back.bye.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor