Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

I have been having pain in my tail bone

I have been having pain in my tail bone for some time now about 2-3 months whenever i put pressure or weight on it, i does not hurt when i lay down or when i stand up. im going for a lumbar,sacrum/coccyx, pelvis x-ray tomorrow for sacrul pain, my family doctor told me what might possibly be wrong, it was a very technical name and she said it is commonly seen in guys but some girls too, i was wondering if you could give me the same technical name my doctor told me?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  625
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Pain in the tail bone is referred to as Coccydynia or coccygodynia.. This can occur due to a bone problem, ligament problem or due to the skin around it..  but this is a condition that is commonly seen in females especially delivered females than males.. I hope this is what you were looking for..

Answered: Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor