Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

I have been depressed before

I m 16, female, and my mother has cancer and my father emigrated to Spain and didn t even tell me. But anyway, recently I feel sad, I can t sleep, I cry more than often. I don t think it s depression but I ve been depressed before. I just want to know what s wrong with me. I just feel low all the time and nobody understands me, I just see a lot of people around me for what they really are and I m feeling very bitter about everything. I have important exams also coming up, so I m also really stressed.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum,

It looked like a depression. To deal with it you just need to come out of past. Just have a good companion who can understand you, can tell you whats right and whats wrong. just deviate your mind by watching movies playing etc. You just have to live for your own. Naturally if you think so much no one is going to be benefited by your tension, in fact only you will be the sufferer. Sometimes a good friend let you to forget your problems. As you start moving out of them with any means whether it is friend, studies, relatives you feel better.
For more advices you can directly call to me on 9818917550.

All the Best!
Answered: Thu, 24 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response

It looks like depression to me but since you have had it before, you may be the best just to decide weather it is depression or not.

But, the label is not as important as the problems, is it not?

For the moment you are having symptoms which occur most commonly together in this label called as depression but even if the label is not given to you, these symptoms will respond to talking therapies or medication the same way when they are lumped together in a label.

So, from their response to treatment point of view or your need of treatment point of view, what is important is how much are these affecting you? Obviously significant enough for you to seek help/advice online.

So please go see a psychiatrist. Even if the label is a different one like ""prolonged grief" or "adjustment disorder of depressed type" or "acute stress reaction" or whatever mumbo jumbo we label it as, the bottomline is weather you feel the need for treatment/help now or not.

I hope I have not confused you too much :-)

Good Luck
Answered: Mon, 24 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor