Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I have a SGPT of 69 and fatty liver

Hi Doctor... My SGPT is 69 and having fatty liver ..... I drink alcohol occasionally..... Is it serious???
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  590
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Your SGPT is marginally increased. Presence of fatty liver indicates possible reversible liver damage if you stop drinking alcohol and eating fatty food. You need to eat more green leafy vegetables, do brisk walking everyday to reduce the cholesterol if high in your blood. Are you on any medication now. Kindly do Lipid tests also to know your heart risk as well.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Stop taking alcohol,now taking alcohol may be red signal to your liver.
fatty liver may go for serious changes and more irreversible liver damage.
Avoid fatty and fried things.
ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
read your prob , do not worry 69 SGPT considered in normal limit. you have been suffering from fatty liver may be this is due to alcohol or your over weight.
you should start any liver tonic 10ml three times a day for 4 to 5 month. it prevent furthre damage of your liver.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor