Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

I have Uterine Septum & pelvic kidney. What could be the complication ?

My obgyn has scheduled an ultrasound for me because she believes I have a uterine septum . I also have a pelvic kidney which she says could be related. I have had two miscarriages (13 wks and 9wks) and two d&c surgeries. She performed the surgeries. Would a septum not be something she would have noticed or mentioned after either of those surgeries ? And does having a septum mean I will never be able to carry a baby to full term without a ressection surgery to remove the septum ?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  305
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Your doctor is right about there being a connection between the two.These are developmental anomalies and may be related.The miscarriages very likely are due to the septum.Whether she would notice it or not would depend on the type of septum.Some are visible during examination and some can be seen only on ultrasound.The subject of pregnancy would also depend on the type of septum.If its a midline septum then there would be no place for the fetus to grow and you will mis carry.Since you have had 2 abortions i believe that maybe the case and its possible you might need resection.
Answered: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I appreciate your answer on this. Though I must say, I really dislike people in the medical field referring to my d&cs that were performaed as a result of miscarriages as abortions. Its kind of derrogatory.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jan 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Abortion is a medical term that refers to any loss of viable pregnancy.D&C is the name of the procedure that is done.Miscarriage is a layman's term so in the medical field medical terms are used.The 'abortion' that you are referring to is called MTP nowadays.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor